Date posted: 7/11/2012
Company: Tripartite, inc.
Tripartite is a small and growing firm formed in 1998 on the North Side of Chicago. We are a fast-paced, full-service, architectural firm focusing on institutional work including K-12 and higher educational facilities and on private residential work.
Much of our institutional work consists of exterior building envelope repair, preservation of the historic aspects of buildings, and the integration of new technologies, systems and functions for the modern occupancy in existing buildings.
Location: Chicago, IL
We have an immediate full time position for an exceptionally talented individual with 4-7 years experience in an Intermediate Architect position. Benefits available after first 30 days.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills, with the capacity both to follow direction of others in the office and to work independently.
Candidate should have knowledge of project design, documentation, and administrative responsibilities.
Specific Duties will encompass project implementation from conceptual design through construction administration and shall include, (but are not limited to):
- Site surveys and documentation of existing building construction and conditions
- Produce construction documents
- Review of shop drawings and specifications during project construction administration phase
- Coordination with client and project consultants including mechanical and electrical engineering, lighting, acoustical and structural consultants
- Preparation of administrative documents including meeting minutes, field observation reports, scope of work description and punch lists, responses to contractor RFI’s, bulletins and other related paperwork.
- Minimum 4 years US experience with an architecture firm
- M.Arch or B.Arch from accredited university
- High proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite at minimum
- Experience assembling a full set of construction documents
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with strength in researching products & systems, and in detailing the technical aspects of a project
- Knowledge of both historic (traditional) building construction and modern methods, materials and standards
- Knowledge of zoning and building codes and ADA regulations
- Excellent written and graphic communication skills – with no shyness for writing summaries, field observation reports and responding to client and contractor inquiries
- An ability to prioritize tasks and to work collaboratively in a team environment on multiple projects at once
- Self-motivated with sound decision-making skills and an ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends as deadlines may require,
- LEED® accreditation strongly preferred,
- Be an integral part in the growth and success of the range of architectural projects in our informal office environment
- Legal authorization to work in the US.
EOE. References required.
Send cover letter, salary requirements, resume, and sample portfolio of working drawings in <4MB PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to respond to every applicant so please, no follow up calls or emails.
Salary is commensurate with experience level.
This is the person to whom resumes should be sent: